Monday, February 11, 2013

Made it


Getting to Tucson took almost twice as long as I expected it to. Been here nearly a week, but didn't have a chance to get to a place that has public wifi until just now. It also cost a lot more than I expected, so I'm running low on money and it'll be a while before I have internet service at home. I'm still getting a little writing done, but I have to concentrate most of my effort on job hunting and getting set up here (getting my phone switched over, getting an Arizona drivers licence and plates, that sort of thing). Mostly, I'm just worried about paying the rent and bills and buying food. I always hoped I'd be able to land a job quickly here, but I can't help worrying. I don't mind admitting that I'm getting scared....

I did get one bit of good news, though. Friday evening I got an email from the publisher I sent Chaser to. She really liked it an wants to publish it. She asked me to go through it one more time to fix typos and whatnot, then she'd send me a contract ASAP. I sent in the revised draft about an hour ago, and now I just wait.

Over twenty years I've been trying to get my foot in the door, and now it's finally happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment