Thursday, February 28, 2013

Well, this was a surprise

First, a few bits of business before I get to the surprising thing. This afternoon, Load was finally approved for premium status on Smashwords.com, so it's available on the Nook and many other platforms as well as the Kindle. Readers who want to buy a copy should be able to get it from B&N and iBookstore soon, if it's not already there.

Currently working on the formatting for Fifteen Minutes. I'm hoping to have it ready within a week or so, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong before then.

Also working on a new story...possibly a novella or novelette, depending on how things go...which I might put on Kindle and Smashwords exclusively. We'll see how it goes....

And now the surprising thing. I've been putting a rough draft of Elsewhere on Textnovel.com before polishing it and putting it on FanStory.com and Sofurry.com, then polishing it again and putting it on Kindle Direct (and later, I hope, on Smashwords and affiliates). Earlier this evening, just for the hell of it, I looked in on the stuff I've been posting there, and discovered that Elsewhere was given the Editor's Choice award, just a few hours ago.

Check this out: 

"Congratulations! This story has been selected as an Editor's Pick on Textnovel. We pick these stories based on writing quality, originality and publishing potential. Plus we think your story is an example of the type of story that has a shot at a prize and possible publication."

I wasn't expecting that at all, but it gave me a much-needed reason to smile. Been a bad day--still looking for a job, running out of money, worried about paying the rent tomorrow, and have a stack of bills that I can't pay...so this was most welcome news. Just the kind of surprise I needed to distract me from my constant panicking for a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment