Saturday, March 9, 2013

An announcement and a video

Well, something awesome happened earlier this evening. Got an email from the publisher with the book contract for Chaser and a couple other forms. I read and signed the contract, and filled out the forms, and emailed them back a few minutes ago. And now I just wait to see what happens next.

One of the really nifty things was the cover art form, which had questions about what the heroine looks like, what kinds of book covers I like and why, and so on. The best one was near the end, asking what my dream cover would be. So I put in a fairly detailed description.

Wow. Just...wow. After twenty-two years, it's finally starting to come together. I'm still having trouble believing it's actually happening. I'm afraid I'll wake up in the morning and realize it was all just a dream.

And now, the far less important bit--a "Let's Play" video I put on YouTube today. Just for the hell of it, I decided to record a running commentary for it. Since it's the first one I've ever done, and for some stupid reason I get all self-conscious when I'm doing a voice over or dictating notes, even though I'm the only person in the apartment...my manner of speaking in the video is kind of hesitant, halting, and filled with a ton of "uh's." Maybe I'll improve if I keep doing these, and sooner or later get to the point where I can speak more smoothly and confidently.


But that's just me goofing around. It pales in comparison to the book contract. Heeeeeee, now I'm too amped up to get any sleep. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment