Tuesday, August 6, 2013

So...the New Doctor

I'll just start with this, because it's hilarious:


HAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, to anyone who watches a show only because the star is a hot, young actor: fuck off, you shallow twits. If that's all you want, go masturbate over one of your Twilight DVDs.

I grew up watching Doctor Who when it was running on PBS, started watching the new show the day it premiered in America, and bought the DVDs and Blu-rays. I'm fine with younger actors in the role, and I'm also fine with older actors. So far, Christopher Eccleston is my favorite, but Matt Smith is a very, very close second--practically tied for first place. I'm just interested in good storytelling.

I'd only seen Peter Capaldi in "The Fires of Pompeii" and Torchwood: Children of Earth. So when he was announced as the next Doctor, I just thought, "Okay, he was really good in those, so I'm interested to see what he does with this one." I hadn't yet heard of The Thick of it.

Then I started finding clips of Malcolm Tucker in action. And now I must see Capaldi as the Doctor now. Right now. Not next year. Now, goddamn it!

I know this would never happen on Doctor Who, and it's probably a little weird for me to wish for it to happen...but the thought of the Doctor telling off his enemies the way Malcolm Tucker does it, just fills me with glee.

Observe....


Imagine watching the Doctor threaten Davros with "the thump of a fuckin' harpoon in your thorax!" It just warms the cockles of my heart. :)

Yeah, I know it won't happen. But I'd love it if Capaldi would channel at least a little bit of Tucker into his performance every now and then....

No comments:

Post a Comment