Monday, November 10, 2014

The Most Dangerous Alien Game

A friend recently gave me a heads-up on a new program Amazon was about to kick off, Kindle Scout. I looked into it, weighed the pros and cons, and decided to give it a try if I had a book finished by the time it launched. I was thinking it was far off enough for me to write the Kolya Mason book I mentioned a while back, but then the Scout program launched a week or two ago and I decided to see if I could get in before it's flooded with thousands of submissions.

Since I'd run into a writer's block on Reactivated, and was reaching the home stretch on Game Over, I decided to try to finish the latter and submit it to Scout. I finished the rough draft (also on Wattpad) a few days ago, went through it again and fixed stuff that didn't work, added a couple pages of new content, and so on. Finished it today and submitted it to Kindle Scout about an hour ago. Should get an answer from them in one to two days.

If it's accepted, there'll be a thirty-day voting period, and if it gets enough votes, it'll be published by Kindle Press and I'll get a $1,500 advance in addition to royalties. The advance is the part that really caught my attention. To me, that's a huge chunk of money.

So, now I'm just waiting to find out if it's accepted or not. If so, I'll be doing whatever I can think of to get the word out.

For now, here's the cover image and the synopsis.


Dylan Engstrom awakens in a strange place, surrounded by aliens. Before he can begin to understand what happened, he and a few others are forced to fight in a series of combat scenarios. They must figure out what's happening and escape before they're all killed...again...and again...and again....

No comments:

Post a Comment