Friday, May 15, 2015

Launch Party post #6


Another quick one copied from the Lucky Stars launch party ....

Here’s something just for fun. Well, mostly. One comment I’ve gotten fairly often is that I’m pretty good at writing action scenes, and I recorded this video in case I needed to excerpt bits of it for blog entries and whatnot about how to write action. In addition to some of the funniest dialogue I’ve ever heard, most of it from the character named Johnny Gat (voiced by Daniel Dae Kim, one of the stars of the updated Hawaii Five-0), it has an amazing sequence starting at the 7:00 point. The first time I saw it, I immediately wished I’d thought of it first. ;)

The video is from Saints Row: The Third, one of my all-time favorite video games. It’s just plain fun. And one of the things I love is how customizable the player character is, especially once mods became available for adding more options. So (as I have a tendency to do when writing) I was able to create a female character who stands out from the typical supermodel types you see in this sort of role. She’s plus-size, wears glasses, has a few scars – and she’s beautiful. And the bad guys are incapable of surviving a fight with her. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment