Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WTF, STO?

So I reached Tier 3 in Star Trek Online this morning and was able to get a new ship. I chose a heavy cruiser and picked the Stargazer variant because it looked pretty badass, despite my feelings about the design aesthetic. Had some sort of bug right off the bat, of course. The new ship didn't show up on the list when I tried to transfer to it. Finally found it in the overflow bag in my inventory. I'm kind of at a loss as to how a starship would fit into a bag, but at least it didn't disappear completely.

I named it the USS Nuclear Wessel, by the way. XD























So that's what it looked like on the customization screen. But here we come to another problem. Dunno if it's a bug or what, but after I boarded the ship, suddenly it had reverted to the default skin, which I think is kind of repulsive.






















I beamed back to the spacedock, returned to the customization screen, and there was the badass variant I'd selected. Returned to my ship, and it was the default again. Spindly-looking fucking thing. Blecch.

At that point I gave up and just continued with the next mission. Maybe I'd find a way to make the customization stick, or maybe it's a bug that'll be fixed.

Then I began the mission, and a dialog box popped up with a report from one of the bridge crew. While I was reading it, a half-dozen enemy ships suddenly started blasting me, and my ship exploded after about twenty seconds of me trying to fight back.

Seriously ... is this game going out of its way to piss me off? I don't want to hate it because for the most part it's fun and I'm a Star Trek fan, so I want to like it. But when there's so much about it that just angers me, I'm not going to subject myself to all that frustration much longer. Sooner or later, I'll have to pull the ripcord just for the sake of my blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment